Low-Cost Veterinary Care for all who qualify
5345 Highway 12 West, Santa Rosa, CA 95407
Due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and local Shelter-In-Place orders, our clinic has altered its patient receiving schedule.
The CVC will operate on a limited patient receiving basis, concentrating on urgent or critical appointments. Please call 707-284-1198 if you need help assessing the urgency of your pet’s condition.
In an effort to adhere to social distancing guidelines, all appointments will have curbside check-ins and you will be given instructions by staff at the time of your visit. We are not allowing any non-staff members to enter the building at this time, but will communicate with you as much as possible during your pet’s appointment.
For established patients, our veterinarians will be available for “telemedicine” (texting and email consults) during regular business hours as much as possible.
For established patients that need prescription refills, we are encouraging mail options rather than coming to the hospital. Please visit our online pharmacy or call 707-284-1198 for prescription refill requests. For instructions on how to use our online pharmacy, please see the drop-down menu below.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during this time.
At the Humane Society of Sonoma County, we believe the best place for pets is with the families who love them. The goal of our Community Veterinary Clinic (CVC) is to provide compassionate veterinary care in a welcoming, nonjudgmental environment for low-income pet owners.
The Community Veterinary Clinic provides veterinary exams, medical treatment, diagnostics, surgery, dentistry, other anesthestic procedures, and euthanasia. At this time, the CVC is unable to provide overnight care. Details and pricing information can be located below.
Please note: The clinic’s policy requires that if we are to perform a surgical procedure, the pet’s owner consents to spay/neuter surgery while they are undergoing the recommended or necessary surgical procedures, unless it’s contraindicated for the health of the pet.
How to Support the CVC
We will grow our program as funding allows, based on evolving community need. To make a donation or sponsor the CVC, please contact Priscilla Locke, HSSC Director of Development & Marketing at email@example.com, or (707) 577-1911. With your help, we will keep pets with the people who love them.
Eligibility Criteria (Criterio de Elegibilidad)
Low-cost veterinary services are offered to pet owners who meet the following income qualifications. Qualification prior to appointment is preferred, however at time of service will be accepted.
There are two ways to qualify:
- You or another person in your household is participating in one of these assistance programs: CalFresh / Food Stamps, SonomaWorks / CalWorks / TANF, WIC, Free or Reduced Lunch, Medi-Cal, AT&T Lifeline. Proof of participation will be requested with your application.
- The combined income of all household members does not exceed the “very low income” limitations by household size below. Proof of income will be requested with your application.
Menu of Services (Menu de servicios)
- A complete physical exam and consultation with our veterinarian starts at $30. Treatment plans and care will be guided by the needs of each individual animal.
- Care for medical conditions such as vomiting, diarrhea, allergies, skin infection, lameness, heart issues or eye issues range start at $60 for basic concerns (including exam, diagnostics, treatments). A specific treatment plan with an estimate for cost of care will be presented after a comprehensive physical exam.
- Common sedated procedures such as wound care or abscess treatments start at $60.
- Anesthetic procedures including dentistry (with extractions and xrays) start at $375, but ultimately the cost depends on the patient and the procedure. An exam before surgery is required, and cost for the exam is included. These estimates include any medications to be sent home.
- Diagnostics such as laboratory work, biopsies, and x-rays start at $45.
- Senior pet care, including pain assessment, treatment, and quality of life assessment are available. Humane euthanasia is also available. Treatment costs for senior care or humane euthanasia will be discussed on a case-by-case basis, starting with a comprehensive exam.
Hours, Contact Info, Scheduling (Orarios, Información de Contacto, Citas)
- Open by appointment only for urgent or critical care at this time. Please call (707) 284-1198 to leave a message to request an appointment
- We are unable to accept walk-in appointments at this time
- Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have an emergency or needs beyond our Monday operating hours? (Emergencias y Atención Fuera de Horario?) Llama or visita:
- VCA PetCare – 2425 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95403. (707) 579.3900
- VCA Animal Care Center – 6470 Redwood Drive, Rohnert Park, CA 94928. (707) 584.4343
- Redwood Veterinary Clinic – 1946 Santa Rosa Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95407. (707) 542-4012
Online Pharmacy Instructions
To use our online pharmacy to request mail-order prescription refills, you will need an email address, access to the internet, and ability to pay with a credit or debit card. Visit
to set up a client account. From here you can shop for your pet’s medication like any other online storefront.
Upon checkout you will be asked which pet you are ordering for and the prescribing veterinarian — be sure to choose Dr. Ada Norris! Once your order is placed, your prescription will be approved by our medical staff and the medications will be mailed directly to you.
Clínica Veterinaria Comunitaria del HSSC
En la Humane Society of Sonoma County (Sociedad Humana del Condado de Sonoma), creemos que el mejor lugar para las mascotas es con las familias que las aman. El objetivo de nuestra Clínica Veterinaria Comunitaria (CVC) es brindar atención veterinaria compasiva en un ambiente acogedor y sin prejuicios para mascotas de residentes de bajos ingresos.
Los servicios incluyen exámenes veterinarios y atención básica, como vacunas, tratamiento de pulgas, desparasitación y microchips, así como diagnósticos, atención de urgencias y procedimientos anestésicos, y mas. Vea abajo el menu de servicios y precios. Actualmente no podemos ofrecer atención durante la noche.