COVID-19 UPDATE: Thank you so much for showing interest in our adoptable animals. Until the Shelter in Place order has been lifted we are closed for adoptions on site and are coordinating adoptions online and by appointment only.
Meet your next fur-baby in four easy steps… Here’s How
Pet Rehoming Assistance
This free service is a component of the Humane Society of Sonoma County Rehoming Packet. The Humane Society of Sonoma County accepts no responsibility for the pets posted to this page. Potential adopters are responsible for communicating with the pet’s guardian to acquire veterinary records and other necessary information.
If you need to find a home for a pet you can no longer care for, please read and follow these steps:
- IMPORTANT! Your posting will not appear immediately but will be reviewed within 48 hours.* Please do not resubmit your photo and post.
- Add subject line in Title box
- Add text to Content box (pet description, age, spay/neuter status, and other info about your pet). The Content box should include contact information. If you don’t leave contact information we will have to delete your post.
- Post Image (one pet photo, no larger than 1 MB in size).
- Include your email address in the “Author Email” box.
- Your post will remain on our site for 30 days. We will reach out to you to see if you’ve had success rehoming your pet. If you haven’t, we will refresh your post.
- People will contact you directly at the phone # or email you have provided; they will not leave comments on our website.
- If/when you rehome your pet, please let us know via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Humane Society of Sonoma County encourages spay/neuter for all pets. We offer low cost spay/neuter services and can be reached at email@example.com to make an appointment.
*If you receive an error message while making a post, please send your contact info, photo, and text to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will post it manually. You should see your post up within 48 hours.
- Use the pet guardian’s contact information to make arrangements to meet with these animals; HSSC is not involved in any way with Adoptions by Owner other than facilitating this web page.